Saturday, November 22, 2008

Talkin' Turkey

I'm sure by now you've seen or at least heard about Sarah Palin pardoning a turkey and then going on to give an interview in front the Turkey beheading machine while turkeys were being killed.

It got me thinking "where did the 'pardon a turkey'" idea come from and why is it considered news. There's nothing cute or charming about it. It's actually very sad. This one turkey gets a stay of execution, all the rest "off with your heads".

Well, Farm Sanctuary has a better option for you. No pardons, just adoptions. Tricia Barry will be joining me on this Monday's show (Nov 24) to talk about their Adopt-A-Turkey holiday program.

And in the meantime, I'm going to try to get to the bottom of the 'pardon a turkey' idea.If you have any info, call in on Monday, this is one I'd like to unravel.

See you Monday!

Christine

Listen to Conscious Animal Radio on internet talk radio

No comments:

Post a Comment